Gift cards and certificates make great last minute Teacher Appreciation presents and they can be really meaningful when you play into the recipient’s unique personality. See below for inspiration on showing appreciation for the special teachers in your community.
- The Neat Freak – House Cleaning Gift Certificate. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep a tidy classroom, so much so that the home sometimes suffers. So help a teacher start the summer fresh with a clean house! Tip: Make sure to get recommendations for a reputable service.
- The Movie Buff – Movie Theater Gift Card. It’s no secret that teachers work nights and weekends during the school year, so help them celebrate some “me-time” with money towards the movies! Tip: Make it a “dinner and a movie” with a restaurant gift card as well.
- The Adventure Seeker – “Bucket List” Gift Certificate. We all know teachers who spend their limited free-time being active and trying something new. Maybe you’ve even heard them say at some point, “I’ve always wanted to do [blank],” like zip lining. Tip: Adventures take planning, so be sure they have plenty of time to redeem before the gift certificate expires.
- The Fun Mom or Dad – “Family Play” Gift Card. Many teachers are also parents who really treasure spending extra time with their kiddos in the summer. So help them make memories by giving a gift card to a local family play place like a put-put golf course or water park. Tip: Make sure you consider the age of their children.
- The Foodie – Meal Subscription Gift Card. If you know a teacher who loves to cook, consider a gift card for a meal subscription service. They deliver fresh ingredients for pre-plan menus right to their door, so cooking a delicious meal is a snap. Tip: This is a great gift idea for the school year too.